In and Out Points using the API

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
janderson

In and Out Points using the API

Post by janderson »

Hello, I am a new FFAStrans user. What an amazing application!

So far, I have managed to configure our MAM system to submit jobs to FFAStrans using the API. Our MAM allows us to mark in and out points and create sub-clips. I am pretty sure I can extract the in/out point time codes from the subclips and store them in variables in the MAM. Is it possible to send the clip in and out points to a workflow using the API? Does anyone have an example of how to do this?

I read this post,
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=652&p=2390&hilit=mark#p2390
but it is not clear to me how variables are picked up by a workflow and what processor is needed to handle the mark points.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
emcodem

Re: In and Out Points using the API

Post by emcodem »

Hi janderson,

nice to have you among us and very nice finding about the option to submit an xml to the A/V media processor! I played with it but i was not able to use it via API only. It only worked for me when you submit an xml file directly to it or by watchfolder processor. So you would need to write the xml file to disk before submitting the api job. As i dislike creating unneccessary files, i created a tutorial that shows how i would do what you like to do.

http://www.ffastrans.com/frm/forum/view ... 3586#p3586

Please let me know if you understand how to use it... but to keep the workflow examples thread clean, please post questions here instead of the linked thread :-)

Cheers,
emcodem
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi janderson, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

I have plans to implement in/out-points for the encoder nodes in the next major release. These will be variable enabled so they will be easy to use in the API.

emcodem, you're the best! :-)

-steinar
janderson

Post by janderson »

Thank you for the information. I'm excited about the next major release. In the meantime I will play around with the XML file method and see if our MAM can generate the proper XML code.

-janderson
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello guys,

Damn!! Steinar congratulates emcodem (you should be very proud emcodem :D) and Steinar who speaks about major release of FFastrans, I'm really so excited by this! I really look forward to seeing that!
Cheers.

Benjamin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

emcodem deserves all the creds he can get! I'm very busy these days rewriting major parts of FFAStrans and the way he's helping out on this project and the forum is very valuable to all :-) I don't personally know him but I bet he's a nice guy as well ;-)

-steinar
janderson

Post by janderson »

admin wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:52 pm Hi janderson, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

I have plans to implement in/out-points for the encoder nodes in the next major release. These will be variable enabled so they will be easy to use in the API.

emcodem, you're the best! :-)

-steinar
Hi Steinar,

Did this feature get implemented in the latest release?

-janderson
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi janderson,

No I'm sorry, but this did not make it to the 1.0.0 release. Also, it will not be in the upcoming 1.1.0 release. But it's in the backlog and we'll get there but cannot tell right now when that will be.

-steinar