Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
momocampo

Re: New Webinterface available

Post by momocampo »

Hello Friend,
Yep, it works for me, good job and big thanks ,)
B.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@dkoos i'd Need your OK to the changes about filtering variables for users before i can create a new release package. Let me know if it works for you.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
dkoos

Post by dkoos »

Hi emcodem,

Sorry you are so fast. But I tested it now and it does do the job for me. Maybe there are some strange behavoirs like:
When the filter "Filter_Workflow_variables" is not added to to the Group the user is in, no variable shows up at all in the Webinterface and the Error message "Error getting workflows, possibly FFASTRANS API is offline". Maybe not the intended behavoir. For Admins everything is working but for e.g. "View_Job_Status" and "View_Submit_Jobs" users that error message is coming.
Also I am having issues using the workflows in Firefox and Opera (Guess not a lot of people use Opera but for Firefox it is maybe important to get it to work). When selecting a workflow the Job_Setup it not showing up.
Apart from that it is great. Thanks for all your work.

Best
David
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey D :)
Thanks for the detailed analysis. Nice finding, sure it was not intended that you dont see any workflow when no filter is applied.
Much more interesting are the crossrbrowser problems you mention, actually it should run on any browser; i am a hardliner when it comes to cross browser support. Anyway, i was not able to reproduce your issues using Opera and Firefox, in FF i tried 60 and 68. Maybe it is connected to a few of your workflows, in that case i need the workflow xml to reproduce. But to be honest i dont think so. maybe you can also try to trick the browsers caching by entering a different hostname, e..g. IP instead of hostname.
It would be so cool if you update your server.exe and tell me if you are happy with this one:
download
@momocampo same for you :)
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

emcodem wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:09 pm
@momocampo same for you :)
Hello,
Ok I got it thanks ,)
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey all,
with the next Version of ffastrans, 1.0, i need to work on the webinterface as well in order to support it.

Any feature requests or bug reports with the current version?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

To be honest, I don't find any bug since I use it, except maybe sometimes with schedule mode : I schedule workflow save each 2 days. Sometimes the workflow starts, sometimes not. I can search in all my logs if you want more details.
;)
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey, good to hear momocampo ;-) Thanks for the kind words!
The scheduler should not behave inconsistent, that is a big issue i think.
Would be great if you could maybe find out a day/time where it did not schedule and send me the log files Windows_Service_STDOUT.log Windows_Service_STERR.log
I hope you drive it as a windows service, otherwise logs are not written to files...
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Yes it's a windows service (FFastrans is on a NAS and 2 workstations use windows service to process). But I did't find any log files... I must search on each workstation I suppose?
I spoke about FFastrans monitor logs in my previous message, I save the monitor log each end's week so I can see if the schedule task was done or not.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hm i hope you mean also the webinterface is installed as service, not only ffastrans ;-)
Actually the logs should be only in the base folder of the webinterface /log folder, i guess you run the webint only on one server?
Filenames should be exactly like this:
Windows_Service_STDOUT.log
Windows_Service_STERR.log