Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
emcodem

Re: New Webinterface available

Post by emcodem »

Hey @jerrysub
thanks, thats great pics!
this is more or less how V1 looks alike but without details about every processor. I feel it would end up too complex on the main interface. But what i currently do is addimg a job details page, so you would see a graphical representation of the workflow how it executed, click on a node and see the log for it...
is that sufficient you think?
Screenshot follows im some days..
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

hi Emcodem,
my needs is to quickly see failed step inside a workflow to redo them. so let's try but added logs in web page will maybe make you a lot of work.
br,
Jeremy
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @jerrysub,

sorry your message somehow did fall under my radar.
It is in deed a lot of work to build the new job details interface, but i think ffastrans deserves a nice UI for job management and now as steinar and me work synchronized we even have a lot more possibilities than before :-)

When you want to "redo" a job at a failed step, how can i imagine what you are doing? Do you always submit the "original source file" to the failed step or how do you decide which source file to submit to the failed step?
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @jerrysub

here finally a promised screenshot of the newest thing. Upper screen shows branches are now "grouped" by their job, you can "expand" a job and see the branches. The red circle 2 shows that all error msgs of all branches are collected in the main branch so you see all errors collected.
Then we have a new "job details" view, bottom screen. In the canvas, you see green nodes (green is blinking actually) which are still running and red nodes that failed.

This is the main thing for the new Version, it will allow you to resubmit as requested.
The only thing i need from you is to tell me which "file" you typically resubmit, i guess the original source file. But how do you decide which processor to resubmit it?
webintv1.png
webintv1.png (314.51 KiB) Viewed 9316 times
mwatkins

Post by mwatkins »

Hello,
I am getting an error that prevents me from selecting workflows in the browse screen. The workflows widget doesn't appear to be loading correctly. At least, the icon isn't loading and when I click on a workflow nothing happens.

I get this javascript console output on page load and when I try to click on a workflow:

Code: Select all

TypeError: node is undefined jobstarter.html:672:9
parseWorkflows http://myurl.com:3002/webinterface/components/jobstarter.html?dhxr1579507842172=1:672
success http://myurl.com:3002/webinterface/components/jobstarter.html?dhxr1579507842172=1:705
Any help you could offer would be very appreciated.

UPDATE: This is only happening in Firefox. It works as expected in Chrome.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @mwatkins,
welcome to the forum and thank you for using ffastrans!

OK, it should really not happen that the browsers behave different. This might be a little harder to debug as i cannot just easily reproduce the issue, it might be about a specific version of FF).
Anyway, what i need from you would be what you get when calling http://localhost:3002/getworkflowlist - and look in the F12 debug tab "network" section. From there i need the return code (200 if successful), and the response body.
Also, you can start the server.exe as application instead of service and see if the console log shows any error indication when you opeen the jobstarter page....
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

emcodem wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:41 pm Hey @jerrysub,

sorry your message somehow did fall under my radar.
It is in deed a lot of work to build the new job details interface, but i think ffastrans deserves a nice UI for job management and now as steinar and me work synchronized we even have a lot more possibilities than before :-)

When you want to "redo" a job at a failed step, how can i imagine what you are doing? Do you always submit the "original source file" to the failed step or how do you decide which source file to submit to the failed step?
Hi,
sorry for delay this get out my radar also :(
by the way when steps failed currently I go back to the verry begining of the workflow and branchs.
br,
Jerrysub
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

emcodem wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:10 pm Hey @jerrysub

here finally a promised screenshot of the newest thing. Upper screen shows branches are now "grouped" by their job, you can "expand" a job and see the branches. The red circle 2 shows that all error msgs of all branches are collected in the main branch so you see all errors collected.
Then we have a new "job details" view, bottom screen. In the canvas, you see green nodes (green is blinking actually) which are still running and red nodes that failed.

This is the main thing for the new Version, it will allow you to resubmit as requested.
The only thing i need from you is to tell me which "file" you typically resubmit, i guess the original source file. But how do you decide which processor to resubmit it?

webintv1.png
Hi,

depending on the branch step where it is stucked I have to choose what could be restarted but mainly if source file is still there I would like to restart the concerned jobs only from the branch.

br,
Jerrysub
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

Not sure if this is the best place to post, apologies if this should be under bug reporting.

I've been running FFAStrans 9.4 and the advance WebInterface without issue for some time now. I've just updated my FFAStrans instance to 1.0 and along with that I've installed (after uninstalling the old one) the latest webInterface from github. Every time I click on job details I get an error that says "ERROR getting workflow of job ####, possibly FFASTRANS API is offline." I am assuming it can't contact the ffastrans api at localhost:65445, but that is working fine, I can access the standard webui at localhost:65445/monitor and see all the api stuff at localhost:65445/api/json/v2. I've tried restarting both services, I tried both localhost and the hostname in the STATIC_API_HOST, still no change.
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello Crispyjones,

Well it is a little bug that we know and it will fix very soon. The workaround is to edit the ffastrans.json (FFAStrans1.0.0\Processors\db\configs\) and check "install_dir": "XXX" where 'XXX" must be the FFAStrans installation folder. So check on your side and it should work(don't forget to restart your webinterface service).
Cheers.

Benjamin