Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
emcodem

Re: New Webinterface available

Post by emcodem »

Hey Jerry,
nice request about showing the logged in user, but the other one showing logged in users is a bit complex: i would need to introduce a new user permission for that, maybe in future i will do so but today i just hacked the needed 5 lines for it into the code.
How it works is that it checks if "admin" (case insensitive) is contained in the username and if yes, you see a count nearby the top-of-the-page job count. What you see is the count of opened web pages which is not directly what you asked but this is what i have right now.
Can you tell me why you are interested in the number of logged in users?

Check out 9.3.3 from my first post in this topic.
Ah, and if you want to check out the new Scheduler feature, you will need to modify your administrators user group and add the permission for "scheduler menu item".

Cheers,
emcodem
Last edited by emcodem on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
jerrysub

Post by jerrysub »

emcodem wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:42 pm
Can you tell me why you are interested in the number of logged in users?
Hi emcodem,

It is necessary in order to plan update easily, mainly when a lot of users are connected to the web interface we will not update software (engine or webinterface) or hardware.

Evenmore if we know who is connected we can plan such update by contacting users connected.

What about getting the list of queued jobs?

Thks,
Jérémy
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Oh great, that means the number of active connections instead of users should be sufficient for you.

I consulted steinar about queued jobs and the topic seems to be a bit complex, however the webinterface shows queued jobs whenever ffastrans has a queued job to present. This seems to be the case for directly submitted jobs using the webinterface or workflow editor but not for watchfolders.

Cheers,
emcodem
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello emcodem,
A new release and it seems to have a little bug : in the schedule, in the target workflow window, the workflow name is ok but the start proc is out because we haven't the name of monitor folder...Only its number and not user-friendly :)
I have now to learn nodejs because I don't know how use schedule :D Please, stop create new features you are too fast for me.
Thanks.

Cheers.

Benjamin
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hehe it is never too late to start scripting/programming ;-) Sure it was a little early to release the scheduler but as the basic functionality (scheduling) works and i wanted to give steinar more insight in my current doing, i thought it is a good idea to release it right now. Sure there is a number of important features missing, e.g. backing up the user scripts and provide examples or better prepared scripts like "compare folders" and such. Basically the idea is to be able to start ffastrans jobs on any other event than "a file appearing" in a watchfolder.

Sure most users might not know node.js or programming/scripting. In that case, the scheduler might still be very interesting to start workflows that don't need a file for processing as input, e.g. if you have developed some batch script that just deletes files every night, you could schedule this job to be started every night at a certain time. In the morning you can see the executed job in ffastrans job list :-)

In that case, your script content is just like this:

Code: Select all

process.send(["FAKEVALUE"]);
It will cause to start one ffastrans job at the selected scheduling interval and the variable "s_source" of the ffastrans job will be set to "FAKEVALUE"...
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Yes, a scheduler will be very useful for me because since the beginning of FFastrans, I was looking for this kind of procedure (this one you describe, automatic delete files in a specific hour).
I will try that with real interest for sure.
Thanks for your always kind help ;)

Cheers ;)

B.
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello emcodem,

I think I found a little issue on the webinterface. If I reset my monitor log in the application, it's not reset in webinterface (or I miss something...).
Can you check if the log is resetting in webinterface please?
Thank you very much.

Cheers.
Benjamin
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey Benjamin,
do you mean when you delete all jobs from the ffastrans? - that is expected and by design, the webinterface is not designed to do exactly what ffastrans does but instead to give advanced possibilities in job management. It stores the last 20.000 jobs, if there are more, it will delete automatically from time to time (more than 20k would cause the search would get slow). This enables you to search what happened in a longer history. To delete all jobs (which i would not expect to happen very often), you'd have to delete the file in %installdir%/database/jobs
Can you give me some background in what is the reason why you'd like to delete all jobs from history?

cheers,
emcodem
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hi ,
Ok thanks it works well ;)
I wanted to clean log because I did a lot of tries and I had many many red logs...It hurts my eyes :D
By the way, Steinar, if you read this post I thought about an idea maybe useful in FFastrans about log. Each monday I save the FFastrans' log file (by copy and paste) before reset log to keep an history of jobs. Maybe a save feature could be integrate into FFastrans ? Just an idea.
Anyway, thank you emcodem for the help.
Cheers.

Benjamin
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey Benjamin,
momocampo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:52 pm Each monday I save the FFastrans' log file..
This kind of request is the very reason why the webinterface exists (if you read the first sentence in my first post here) ;-)
If you are able to write a batch for it and put it into a ffastrans workflow, you can use the scheduler of the webinterface to execute this every monday.