Webinterface

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
momocampo

Re: New Webinterface available

Post by momocampo »

Hi emcodem,

Damn, you're right it's a very good idea! Tomorrow I will be on it.
Thanks for the idea. By the way, I am going to create some workflows to clean old files or something else. I don't have time to try scheduler yet.
Cheers.

B.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Benjamin,

FFAStrans is undergoing a major revision regarding the log functionality and the data model in general. So until this is finished there wont be much new features like the one you requested.

-steinar
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Anyone using the scheduler, please upgrade to this version, it fixes an issue that would require a restart after a week or so when executing a job every minute.
Also the active and queued job count was not updated in 0.9.3.3.
https://github.com/haraldjordan78/ffast ... .9.3.4.zip
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Thanks emcodem I will upgrade tomorrow.
Have a nice week.

B.
dkoos

Post by dkoos »

Hi emcodem,

Thanks for adding the Webinterface to FFASTRANS. It is very useful and I started testing it and it is already working great for some of my workflows.
One thing I did not get to work is when adding e.g. a UNC path (e.g. \\server01\share\in) via the Add button and then running e.g. your WebUI Demo Template workflow it would actually pick up all the files in the folder but would name the files like "in.mp4" in the target destination. So it is setting the source name to the last folder. I would like to keep the original name of the processed file.
I guess the Add Button is intentionally file based but in my case I would like to submit a folder path there and then start the workflow and it should process all the files in that folder. Do you have an idea what I am doing wrong.

Best
David
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey David,
Always good to get some response, thanks for the kind words!
The "add" button was intended to allow you to set any custom string value to the %s_source% variable of your workflow, without the thought about files and folders. It is more like a feature for workflow developers. So in the end, if you build a workflow that supports a folder as source file, then so be it... But please know that nearly nothing in ffastrans basically supports processing folders, you would need to use custom components everywhere.

What i don't get is that you say it currently "works" submitting a folder to my example workflow and it "picks up all files automatically". As there is no processor that searches for files in the workflow, i am not sure what happens for you... Maybe the Deliver to Folder Processor actually copies the whole input folder but it is definitely not intended this way.

The big question is what do you want to do with the files in your folder, transocding? If yes, it is neccessary to start one job per file (otherwise the queue functionality of ffastrans is not effective), so the "searching for files" in your folder has to be done from my webinterface, e.g. a user selects all files in the corresponding folder. (in this case an option to select mutliple files at once could come in handy :-)

[EDIT] as it was very easy to do, i added the option to select multiple files in the filebrowser and also a button to add all currently visible (in the filebrowser grid) files, download the server.exe here and replace it at your installation.. let me know if this helps you.
Last edited by emcodem on Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dkoos

Post by dkoos »

Hi emcodem,

Thanks for the quick reply. Already tested the new version and the "Add all" and "Add selected" Option is great.
As for your question on what do you want to do with your files, yes definitely transcoding but also simple file and folder moved to other network location etc. At the moment I have one separate sort of archiving workflow which runs robocopy on the folder added via the Web UI and copies all the files and folders to a destination path the user puts in via a user variable creates some logs etc.
Is there actually a way to hide certain user variables in WebUI when they are only needed in the FFASTRANS workflow but the webui user should not see them.

Best
David
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello emcodem,
Thanks for the new server.exe with selection, very useful ;)
I discovered a little bug with the webinterface : I have some folders names with "+" in front of name and behind, it seems it's not possible to open these folders because names I suppose.
Is there a way to change that or I need to rename my folder?
Thank you very much.
Cheers.

Benjamin
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey,

@momocampo, perfect timing, and nice finding, i'll fix the bug with + symbol, also i see that ampersand & is causing issues.
funny, i tested for sprcial characters but not those 2 symols ;)

@dkoos i have the feeling you know what you do, just let me know if you miss any other functions. By now you cannot filter for user variables, i waited for someone to ask, was not sure if anyone uses that functionality. I could add a quick and dirty filter for a fixed prefix but to make it correct, i will go for a filter that you can add to a usergroup (just as workflow name filter)...
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

@dkoos @momocampo
Bugfix for files/folders job submission with + and &, also added a new Group permission item "Filter workflow variables"
Please let me know if this works for you. If all is well, i'd probably bundle a new release package for general availibility of these patches.

download