How to use the Custom FFmpeg node

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
gunnar

How to use the Custom FFmpeg node

Post by gunnar »

Hi,
I have been googling and found ffmpeg commands i want to impliment in my FFAStrans workflow.

The admin here have already helped me creating workflow that can take .mov file that is in 5.1 surround and then ffastrans workflow create stereo to channel 7 and 8 and loudness normalize them to -23 lufs.

However the source file are sometimes 24fps but the end result needs to be 25fps.

The way i want to do frame rate convert is by speeding the 24fps up to 25fps and pitch then down the sound to correct it (since the file is playing faster)

I have found the ffmpeg commands and i know how to do this directly to a single prores file with command but i would love to use it into the ffastrans workflow so i wont have to use the command first just to make 25fps prores and then again encode via ffastrans.

So my stupid question is, how do i use this command in custom ffmpeg node in ffastrans and should i make two separate node for this or can this stay in the same node? I am just trying to understand how the node logic works since there is not a lot of tutorial available to read about this :)
And it is also confusing me how to add this custom ffmpeg command in but keep using the imput watch folder and then the delivery folder since those command assume they are told the name of the input and output.

Here are the commands: (and can be found in this link https://toolstud.io/video/framerate.php ... tputfps=25 )

Conversion 'conform': 24 → 25fps

The total # of frames 1440 stays the same.
Frames are played at 25 instead of 24 (faster).
The video speed will speed up by 4.17%
As a result, the audio will sound higher
To correct audio: pitch down by 4% (-0.707 semitones)

Video conversion:
ffmpeg -i [input] -r 25 -filter:v "setpts=0.96*PTS" -y [output]

Audio conversion:
sox [input] [output] tempo 1.0417
ffmpeg -i [input] -filter:a "atempo=1.0417" -vn [output]
pandadnap

Re: How to use the Custom FFmpeg node

Post by pandadnap »

hi gunnar,

I think you don't need to make two separate node. You can put all your ffmpeg option after -i into the Custom ffmpeg node(exclude output filename as well).
for example. if this is your ffmpeg command ffmpeg -i [input] -r 25 -filter:v "setpts=0.96*PTS" -y [output]
what you need to put into custom ffmpeg node is -r 25 -filter:v "setpts=0.96*PTS" and type the extension in the extension box. The filename is handle by delivery node.

Please correct me if anyone find that i am wrong. :)
backlight

Post by backlight »

Can you share the workflow? I'm a newbie and i cannot find any tutorial on how to use this node. I'm Using Anothergui and i wrot the full line, but in FFastrans i cannot find how to!

HELP HELP HELP!!!!
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello Backlight,

What do you want to do exactly? If you want to know how use a ffmepg command, create a "custom ffmpeg" (in encoder category) and you could write your command. Think you don't have to write the input command (-i) and don't write the output too.
Let's try and tell us if it's ok.
Cheers.
backlight

Post by backlight »

I'm trying to use the command with wich i burn the subtitles but it doesn't work!
I need to turn on Always the AUDIO/VIDEO codec or i can set it into the "OPTIONS"

I need to replicate this structure:

-i "<SourceFileName>" -vf subtitles="f=subs.srt:force_style='FontName=Arial,FontSize=14,OutlineColour=&H55000000,BorderStyle=3'" -y -b:v 5000k -bufsize 5000k "<OutputPath><OutputFileName>_BURNIN.mp4"
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey backlight,
first we should not capture this thread because i guess your problem is a totally different than the original author ones.

There seem to be at least two issues in the ffmpeg command you posted, i don't think it works when you use the commandline you provided directly in ffmpeg.

Here is a working version which you can copy and paste directly into the "Options" field of the custom ffmpeg command node:
-vf "subtitles=test.srt:force_style='FontName=Arial,FontSize=14,OutlineColour=&H55000000,BorderStyle=3'"

Second, you specify a relative Path to the subtitle, which means the "subs.srt" file needs to reside wherever the commandline is homed. As you cannot change the home directory for any of ffastrans nodes ( i believe), you would need to put your subs.srt file into c:\windows\syswow64 or you specify the full path.

If you decide to specify the full path, unfortunately you need to enter lots of backslashes before colons and backslashes, see here: https://superuser.com/questions/1247197 ... path-error

Please open a new thread if you have more questions to the subtitling.
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
backlight

Post by backlight »

Thank you Jordan….
i understand!

thanks!