Merge Channels to stereo and -23 lufs

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
gunnar

Merge Channels to stereo and -23 lufs

Post by gunnar »

I am getting familiar with this amazing software that i did not know about until last Friday.
If i will be smart enough to learn FFAStrans so i can use it in my business then i am going to donate so that is why i am trying to learn everything now.

Here is a script that merge my 5.1 surround (6 channel) to stereo on track 7 and 8.
I have been googling like crazy trying to figure this out but what do i add to this code if i want this newly created stereo track to be at -23 lufs?
And do i have to add some code first so FFAStrans know what the lufs are before it is set to -23?

Import("%s_ffastrans_dir%\Processors\AVS_plugins\mixdown.avs")
aud_mixdown = Dmix6Stereo(m_clip)
m_clip = MergeChannels(m_clip, aud_mixdown)
Return m_clip
admin
Site Admin

Re: Merge Channels to stereo and -23 lufs

Post by admin »

Ok, so now we're getting a little more complex but FFAStrans is capable :-)
I added an updated workflow which sports the loudness adaptation. Let me explain:

The loudness analyzer will always output the result as separate channels, no matter what the audio layout of the input. So with 8 channels you will always get an array of 8 data elements, which will normally come as floating points.
In the workflow the loudness analyzer is set to analyze channels 1-8 in stereo pairs, meaning 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, 7+8. This is done AFTER the merging of the original and the stereo downmix. We store the analyzing (an array) in a string variable (%s_loudness%). The next thing we do is store the value for pair 7+8 in another uservariable (%f_ch_7_8%). This is inserted as the value for 7+8 in the final loudness-result that is passed to the encoder. The values for 1-6 is set manually to -23, which is in effect "leave alone".

Hope this helps :-)

-steinar
Attachments
Mixdown and merge, loudnorm.xml
(13.33 KiB) Downloaded 366 times