Re: Watch folder did not pick up jobs

Post by dinesh24 »

Thank for your kind support..
Please update me once issue get sort...

-Dinesh
DsmithTopGun

Post by DsmithTopGun »

Not to derail this thread but I'm experiencing similar behavior. I'm trying to use FFAStrans to automate moving WAV files from one place to another(and converting them to .mp3 while doing so) but it never detects new files added to it's watch folder in my testing.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi DsmithTopGun, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

Can you please make sure the def_runner, processors and exe_manager files are in the Processors folder? If not, they might have been mistaken for a virus, which is a false positive. Also, make sure you have turned on "Local processing" in the main configuration under "Host".

-steinar
DsmithTopGun

Post by DsmithTopGun »

It looks like those are missing I'll pull them out of a zip and see if I can get my antivirus(Avast) to leave them be
DsmithTopGun

Post by DsmithTopGun »

That did it, Is there a way to have the output maintain the folder structure of the ingest folder?
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hello DSmith,
Yes, it's easy. In your delivery nod, instead of write a path, use variable. So, clic on arrow key (right side) and select %original_path%. Beware, specify another drive or create another folder in original path to avoid output file in input folder.
F ex : input folder is C:\in\files\source In your delivery folder write %original_path%\out\
I think your folder structure will be ok in the folder named "out"
Hope I was clear.
Cheers.

Benjamin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I suspect DsmithTopGun might be referring to maintaining the structure from a recursed monitor. Is that correct DsmithTopGun? In that case, you need to add %s_recursed_path% to your delivery node, f.ex. X:\My\Output\Folder%s_recursed_path%. So when you monitor say \\server\share\video and FFAStrans picks up the file \\server\share\video\cool\stuff\file.mov, FFAStrans will deliver X:\My\Output\Folder\cool\stuff\file.mov.

If my suspicion was wrong, please excuse my post ;-)

-steinar
momocampo

Post by momocampo »

Hi,
Yes, it's really possible that you're right Steinar. I think I didn't understand well the question.
I'm sorry to be useless...
;)