DVD M2V Bitrate is always 9000kbps

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
philipchristiansen

DVD M2V Bitrate is always 9000kbps

Post by philipchristiansen »

Wanted to post this here instead of bugs, because I am pretty sure it's something stupid I missed.

I had the bitrate in the DVD processor node set 3200kbps, but every resulting m2v file I receive in the delivery folder is running at 9000kbps plus the 224kbps for audio. It's resulting in a lot of files that are much too large to fit on DVDs. I have tried changing the bitrate in the processor node, but it just seems to be stuck at 9000kbps.

I am starting with 3300kbps mp4 files. Not the best to be transcoding them for DVDs, but unfortunately, it's what I have to work with for this application.

Workflow:
Folder A > AV Media Decoder > Conditional (if original < 4.25GB) then > DVD Encoder (m2v) > Folder B
> Conditional (if original > 4.25GB) then > Command Executor (move original) > Folder C

If anybody has any insight as to why the bitrate won't conform to the 3200kbps standard I set, I would really appreciate it. And, if it's something stupid I have done, I'll go ahead and apologize in advance.
admin
Site Admin

Re: DVD M2V Bitrate is always 9000kbps

Post by admin »

Hi philipchristiansen, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

Good new is that you are NOT stupid, but very wise to post your report on the forum! Thank you and yes, it's a bug. Not directly caused by FFAStrans per se but because of changes in ffmpeg that I did not catch. It will be fixed for the next release. Sorry for the inconvinience!

-steinar
philipchristiansen

Re: DVD M2V Bitrate is always 9000kbps

Post by philipchristiansen »

Ha! Thank goodness! I don't suppose rolling back a version or two would fix it?