Running 2 or more FFAStrans.

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
Soffort

Running 2 or more FFAStrans.

Post by Soffort »

Hello, Steinar.

I have FFAStrans on server, but I need another job only for night transcoding. I can't check "time" in conditional node, because it is before monitor folder and already presented files don't start at night time automatically.

Is it possible running different FFAStrans (from diferent program folder and changed exe name, like ffastrans1.exe, for sheduling process termination)? Or this is bad idea, because they may shared resources (as global preferences) or hardcoded exe name in some instructions?

P.S. And, maybe, you can add time sheduling in workflow properties in future releases? Not only weekdays :)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Running 2 or more FFAStrans.

Post by admin »

Hi, Soffort!

Running two different ffastrans instances wont work. Sure, you can run the gui but it won't take jobs for the both of them. BUT, you can make a small hack if you have some scripting knowledge. Workflows are actually started by placing the file ".start~<workflow id>", f.ex: ".start~20160704111021" in the "FFAStrans\Processors\.cache\status" folder. So all you need to do is schedule a script that creates the file when you want to start the workflow, and delete the file when you want it to stop. One way to find the ID is to look in the "Workflows" folder. Happy scheduling ;-)

And, yes, I will implement at "time-of-day" option.

-steinar
Soffort

Post by Soffort »

Thank you for solution. Scripting is easy for me and I will try soon :)
veks

Post by veks »

admin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:40 pm
And, yes, I will implement at "time-of-day" option.

-steinar
Has this been implemented yet?
I can only see a "Run on" option, but no way to set the time.

Ty
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, I'm sorry. This request has simply slipped away from me. I will put it on my priority list now. However, it will NOT be in the next release 1.0.0 but soon after. Thanks for reminding!

-steinar