Source File Move Issue

Post by vijm1972 »

Hi,

I have created workflow as per below.

1) Monitor folder
2) Custom FFMPEG MP4 and WMV
3) Output Location
4) Source move using Command Executor

Workflow processing correctly, I am getting MP4 and WMV in output location. But while moving source file it's showing me error. FFAstrans try to move source file two times. Please find attached screen shot of my workflow, can you please suggest if I am doing anything wrong?
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (38.14 KiB) Viewed 9467 times
Can you please suggest. I am using latest version 0.7.6 from shared location, when I run FFAStrans from local it's work perfectly on 0.7.5

Thanks,
Vijay
admin
Site Admin

Re: Source File Move Issue

Post by admin »

Hi Vijay,

I don't think there is anything wrong with you workflow. FFAStrans actually performs the operation like this:
identical.png
identical.png (29.43 KiB) Viewed 9463 times
Once you branch your workflow, you "create" unique instances of subsequent nodes but with identical settings. That's why the "move" opertation is carried out twice. Also, I take it that when you write "source" you actually mean the original file? If so, only one instance can complete the task succesfully. Either the original has already been moved, or it may be locked by the other encoder. Version 0.7.5 will report both as success but 0.7.6 will try to pick up the error state set by the executed command, which provides more correct feedback for the user. I take it that the file is moved just as expected?

-steinar
vijm1972

Post by vijm1972 »

Yes source file means original file and it's moved as expected.

As per my understanding the process is correct but when we say automated and error free then FFAstrans should process the workflow as a single job. Even if in monitor window will see two separate jobs but that two jobs are internally connected to each other. Because we have one monitor folder and delivery folder for this two jobs.

Is it possible to add Encoder's details in monitor window? Along with workflow name if we have encoder detail then we easily identify the current process.

Thanks,
Vijay
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What do you mean by "error free" in this regard? Also, can you please explain what kind of information the status monitor ought to show when one node processes two different files simultaneously within the same job?

-steinar
vijm1972

Post by vijm1972 »

Error free means no error in monitor window, if I run same job on Rhozet or any other professional transcoder I haven't got any error message. Workflow only transfer the original file once all the jobs (in my work flow MP4 and WMV) processed successfully.
I am not pointing to any issues in FFAStrans but suggesting to improve the workflow.

Information about transcoding encoder preset name.

e.g. If workflow name is "Amazon HD Proxy" in that workflow if we have created two encoder presets "Amazon HD Proxy MP4" and "Amazon HD Proxy WMV" then while processing the jobs we need to have information like workflow name and preset name in monitor window.

Thanks,
Vijay
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm trying to get my head around some of your views but you need to help me a bit:

- "Error free means no error in monitor window"
Does this mean you do not want to see error messages in general, or just from the "Command executor" node?

- "Workflow only transfer the original file once all the jobs (in my work flow MP4 and WMV) processed successfully"
There are two issues with this assertion:

First, "Workflow only transfer the original file";
FFAStrans does not tranfer the file per se, it is just executing a command of your choice and cannot possibly know what the command does or what happens during the execution. Moving, or removing original files is NOT a functionality of FFAStrans and it will never be. It used to have this kind of functionality but that was removed for obvious reasons.

Second, "...once all the jobs processed successfully";
The job is not finnished until ALL nodes are executed, succesfully or not. ALL nodes has the exact same execution logic and the "Command executor" node is no exception. So the command that moves your original is a part of the job. It does not happen after the job is finished.

I can confirm that custom node names will be possible in the near future :-)

-steinar