Using mediainfo to extract metadata -

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
Kieran O Leary

Using mediainfo to extract metadata -

Post by Kieran O Leary »

Hello,

I'm having difficulty getting the command executor to work. Would this be the correct place to add a mediainfo CLI command? It would be great if the mediainfo output could be a sidecar with the same name as the analysed file. Right now I'm more interesting in a mediainfo of the source, but a mediainfo of the transcoded file could be interesting too.

I guess my larger issue is writing a command line prompt so that I don't have to manually write out the input and output filenames. is this what %source% is for?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm also interested in getting md5 checksums but I think it's all the same issue.

Thanks,

Kieran.
Kieran O Leary

Re: Using mediainfo to extract metadata -

Post by Kieran O Leary »

Hi, this is what I'm putting into the command line in ffastrans:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\PC\Downloads\MediaInfo_CLI_0.7.73_Windows_x64\MediaInfo.exe %source% --logfile=%original_name%.txt
I can see the mediainfo output appear in the console as I've enabled "show console"/. There's clearly an issue with my outputting.
Kieran O Leary

Post by Kieran O Leary »

I think I got it. here's what I'm using:

"C:\Users\PC\Downloads\MediaInfo_CLI_0.7.73_Windows_x64\MediaInfo.exe" "%source%" --logfile="C:\Users\PC\Desktop\output\%original_name%.txt
"

I looked at some other threads and figured it out. Let me know if there's a better way though. that "output" folder is my generic export folder for files that have gone through an ffastrans workflow. I love your program so much!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm very happy you like my program! :-)

Though, I'm not quite sure I properly understood you problem but if you want a mediainfo analyze on your output files you must create a separate workflow with only a monitor and custom command.

The option to set the %source% variable is to tell FFAStrans what new file should be delivered to the next step in the workflow. If you omit the option the source will be the same as picket up by you monitor.

Please let me know if this answers your issue.

-steipal
Kieran O Leary

Post by Kieran O Leary »

I've less interest in getting mediainfo from the output, getting it from the source works well for me.

I'm not sure if I understand, should I not have used %source% in my command line? Is there another variable which allows ffastrans to fill the command line with the input file name?

I'm having difficulty getting an md5 ouput of the source.

"C:\Users\PC\Downloads\md5deep-4.4\md5deep-4.4\md5deep.exe" "%source%" > "C:\Users\PC\Desktop\output\%original_name%.md5"
md5error.jpg
md5error.jpg (12.27 KiB) Viewed 11256 times
i get this error via md5deep

I'm also having difficulty getting fciv to output md5s via ffatrans as well. I'm clearly doing something wrong. It would be great if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Some console programs need to be executed through the cmd.exe command with the /c switch. So your command should then be:

"%comspec%" /c ""C:\Users\PC\Downloads\md5deep-4.4\md5deep-4.4\md5deep.exe" "%source%" > "C:\Users\PC\Desktop\output\%original name%.md5""

With %comspec% being the windows environment variable for "C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe". Please notice the extra "quotes" that wraps your initial command for the /c switch.

Though it's quite common I will stress the %comspec% issue in the documentation for the next release.

You need to use the %source% variable in order to get the file either delivered by the monitor or manually submitted.

-steipal
Kieran O Leary

Post by Kieran O Leary »

Steipal, that worked perfectly. I just had to add an underscore to %original_name% in your command line and it went straight through. Your program and your support is extraordinary.