Loudness Analyzer

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
taner

Loudness Analyzer

Post by taner »

Hi Admin-Team,

I'm not sure if I understand the new setting options.
I have a (mxf-)file which consists of 8 audiotracks.
Each track consists of 1 (mono-)channel.
I would like to analyze the first 2 audiotracks as they belong together.
When I setup the analyzer I have to set "Discrete tracks" to 1 and "Total channels" to "2(1 stereo track)" in order to get a proper result.
But I'm a bit confused because the "help" says that the number of channels are related to each audiotrack.

Best
Taner
admin
Site Admin

Re: Loudness Analyzer

Post by admin »

Hi Taner,

The relationship between different audio layouts can be very confusing. Internally, FFAStans will lay out ALL possible channels "in a row" regardless of the original layout. So when setting audio configurations, you must think about the audio independent of the original layout. And this is good, because you want both a source with 1 track (stereo) and another source with 2 (mono) tracks to behave the same way in the output. You want both to layouts be considered as a stereo pair.
So, if you want the analyzer to analyze as a stereo pair, you must select 1 track with 2 channels. It does not matter what the source audio layout is and it does not matter how you set up audio layout in the encoder. As long as the final output is played back correctly (as stereo), you should have proper audio levels.

-steinar
taner

Re: Loudness Analyzer

Post by taner »

I see.
That makes sense.
Thanks!