version 1.0 logs

Questions and answers on how to get the most out of FFAStrans
crispyjones

version 1.0 logs

Post by crispyjones »

I've upgraded from .9.4.0 where log files were configured on each workflow and a directory could be specified there. On version 1.0 I only see where logging verboseness can be changed, no actual log location can be specified. I had a rather large log file from .9.4.0, the file touch time hasn't changed since the upgrade so I am guessing that is no longer used. Can I delete the old log file? If, instead, I wanted to move it to version 1.0 is that even possible? Where are logs stored now?

Is this is the place to ask 1.0 questions and not "FFAStrans 1.0.0. beta"?
admin
Site Admin

Re: version 1.0 logs

Post by admin »

Hi crispyjones,

The logging has been supstantially rewritten and the old log regime does no longer apply. Your old logs are useless in regards to 1.0.0. The new location for all logs is now \Processors\db\cache\jobs. This can not be altered or turned off.

Regarding 1.0.0 questions, the beta board is no longer needed and will probably be closed. Ask your question where you would normally ask question for the old versions.

-steinar
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply, I will delete that old log file and free up some space.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oh, and you might want to know that the new version will automatically delete job logs older than 14 days, so it should not be "filled up" ;-)

-steinar
crispyjones

Post by crispyjones »

I did notice that, very nice! I am still experimenting with new features, the integration with the web GUI is wonderful. Being able to watch jobs progress through the blocks and see the errors instantly is very helpful. Great job everyone who is involved in this, it's very impressive software.