Line 36058 error

Here you can submit bugreports
Terry21s

Line 36058 error

Post by Terry21s »

Hello, and greetings from Greece!
First of all, I need to thank you for this amazing tool you have given us... it's a life saver!!!

I have a very weird problem, the last couple of days I get an error when I try to save a workflow.
Line 36058 (file "C:\FFASTRANS\FFAStrans0.9.4\FFAStrans.exe"): error: Subscript used on non-accessible variable.

This happens randomly (or it seems so) in various stages of building a workflow.
From 3 nodes to 10 nodes...
I tried everything I could think of,
re-downloading FFA, starting from scratch, disabling antivirus, running cc cleaner, upgrading windows, still nothing.
the versions I tried are 0.9.3.2 and 0.9.4.
I have attached 2 workflows that I tried to build with the same nodes, one crashes on the 7th node I add, while two on the 4th.

I have been using FFA for 3 years now, and this is the first time this happens...

any thoughts???

System details
Windows 10 pro for workstations
i7-4800MQ @2.70GHz
32GB mem
64bit
SSD hard drive

Thank you!
Regards
Terry
Attachments
workflows.zip
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Line 36058 error

Post by admin »

Hi Terry, thank you for using FFAStrans and welcome to the forum! :-)

I'm very glad you have used FFAStrans for 3 years without this kind of problems and I'm very happy you reported this bug. And I'm sorry you went through all that trouble in order to fix it as all those attempts are futile. Whenever you encounter this kind of bugs in FFAStrans, just report immediately.
I will investigate and come up with a patch very soon.

-steinar

EDIT: Ah, I saw I have already given you the welcome greeting 3 years ago... well, welcome back ;-)
Terry21s

Post by Terry21s »

hi steinar,

yes you are right, I posted something in 2016... honestly I did not remember.. lolol! :D

I used a VM with win7 and works like a charm again... so its definitively something wrong with my PC, but it would be interesting to find out why...
also, whatever the problem is, I think it's travelling with the workflow to other pc's as well, when I export the workflow.

i'm attaching workflow one, after the crash, since it crashes after saving it. the ini and the xml

I don't think it's a bug, more like a problem with my pc, but if it happened to me there is the possibility that it might happen to someone else as well.

regards
Terry
Attachments
wkf one xml and ini.zip
(3.28 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, it's a bug and it has been corrected. The error was very clear in the source code. No need to blame you, your computers or your workflow ;-) I will post a patch hopefully tomorrow together with some other fixes.

Thanks again for reporting! :-)

-steinar
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A patch has now been released that should fix this issue. Please report back.

-steinar
greoli

Post by greoli »

Hi Steinar

Since I've applied the patch, the "Play" icons are changed by the "Folder" icons

Olivier
Terry21s

Post by Terry21s »

hi Steinar,

am I blind, because I cannot find the patch...
did you remove it?

Terry
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, I have removed it now because of the icons-issue. It will be fixed later today. Sorry for the inconvenience! :-(

-steinar
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A new patch has been posted. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

http://www.ffastrans.com/download/FFASt ... 1_patch.7z

-steinar
Terry21s

Post by Terry21s »

Thank you Steinar!