Ffastrans.exe conflict?

Here you can submit bugreports
momocampo

Ffastrans.exe conflict?

Post by momocampo »

Hello Steinar,

I have something strange with the new release and maybe you could help me to understand.
Here is my usual workflow : FFastrans installed on workstation A(we can call it server), this one has several workflows.
I have another workstation in my office where I use to create a shortcut to FFastrans on server but in Passive mode. I create also a shortcut to monitor status to watch what happens in FFastrans. At last, I have another FFastrans on local on my workstation (in my office) to submit files manually.

Since the 0.9.4, I can't work like this because if I try to do the same thing, I have a strange bug : After windows startup ,if i start ffastrans(server) with shortcut it will be ok but if I close it and execute my local ffastrans, windows execute the ffastrans on server, impossible to launch the local exe.
At windows startup, if I start my local ffastrans, it starts well. If I close it and launch FFastrans on my server, windows starts the local ffastrans.....

I tried to install the x86 version on local and x64 on server but same problem.

Last question, is there a way to start the monitor status only (from another computer) without start workflow manager?

Thank you very much and sorry for all my requests :)
Cheers.

Benjamin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ffastrans.exe conflict?

Post by admin »

Hi Benjamin,

The status monitor can now be started with "ffastrans.exe -monitor". FFAStrans is moving away from all the .exe-files because of the anti virus issues. Sorry for the inconvenience. Also, that FFAStrans starts the one on server rather than your local sound weird and I think there must be a mixup somewhere. OR it MIGHT be that you have used the "tray" option which only minimize FFAStrans rather than exiting. So, when you "exit" your server instance and you have enables tray icon then when you start your local instance, the server instance pops right back. So you need to quit FFAStrans from the menu in order to properly exit.

-steinar.
momocampo

Re: Ffastrans.exe conflict?

Post by momocampo »

Hello Steinar,

Well, Just to say I'm a stupid guy....You're right, by default tray icon is enable so ....too stupid.
Anyway I have to thank you for the "-monitor" command, very useful for me.
Forgive me, too excited by these new release, my eyes were closed.

Cheers.
B.