Custom FFMPEG bitrate ignored

Here you can submit bugreports
clking

Custom FFMPEG bitrate ignored

Post by clking »

I've attempted to use the custom FFMPEG processor to transcode to a lower bitrate and retain the audio of the original file (in case there were multiple audio tracks.) I've been able to do the latter but the transcoding of the video has been an issue.

Using the custom FFMPEG processor I've selected the video codec as libx264 and the video bitrate as 5Mb. The options I'm using are:
-vf scale=1280:-1 -ac 2 -c:a copy (scale to 1280xX retaining aspect ratio and copying the audio)

However, the resultant file video is always around 1.1Mb bitrate, but in the proper aspect ratio. I even changed the bitrate to 25Mb (in the interface) and still had the same result.
taner

Re: Custom FFMPEG bitrate ignored

Post by taner »

The command "c:a copy" leads to ignore the given bitrate.

If you delete "c:a copy" in your commands-field and type "copy" (whithout quotes) in the field beside "Audio codec" it works.

Otherwise you can type all necessary Infos (c:v, b:v etc.) directly in the commands-field. This should work too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi clking,

Can you please try and insert the video bitrate directly in your command line, instead of the gui? It will override the gui settings. See if that works.

-steinar
clking

Post by clking »

Yes, putting the video values on the command line works correctly.