File Info in Browser is without scroll bar

Here you can submit bugreports
Vladimir

File Info in Browser is without scroll bar

Post by Vladimir »

Clicking "Info" in Browser of web-Interface opens floating frame with standart file MediaInfo.
When one wants to read full information with all sections (General, Video, Audio, Other), he can't do it, as the frame can not be scrolled vertically.

And...
Steinar, thank you for FFASTRANS!
emcodem

Re: File Info in Browser is without scroll bar

Post by emcodem »

Vladimir, welcome to the forum and thank you for using ffastrans :-)

:oops: my mistake, sorry for that... i'll update it ASAP
Anyway, nice to know that someone recognized the new stuff!
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Any bug is a not understood new feature :-)

I'm developer too. Working in TV company i try to automate as much processes as i can. Being not a programmer, i use a program constructor Hiasm Studio, and have been developed several watch folder based processes using ffmpeg and mediainfo. But all of them not such functional as workflows, constructed in ffastrans. Any new feature will be sure used.

Thanks to all ffastrans system developers.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @Vladimir
Please download the newest webinterface, scrolling is now possible.
I just fear that i need to keep working on this as it looks like sometimes mediainfo kills the whole webserver. This is because i use the native nodejs wasm module instead of mediainfo.exe - the webinterface is designed to be completely platform independent, it would even run on android.
Anyway, please test the result and let me know any doubt!
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

emcodem, thank you.
Now the scrollbar works fine, scrollimg by mouse wheel works too. But there is some inconvenience.
So, there are 2 questions.

1. Is the default frame size 1280x720? Some our support stations have old monitors with lower resolution.
They are used very-very rare, so auto resize to browser window is optional. I don't think it is necessary fix it for several monitors, which in a year will be thrown out.

2. Is there filesize limit of files for getting info? I suppose it is 2 GB.
Our broadcast-quality files are in MXF OP1a with 4 audio channels 10-16 GB size. I can not get their info. No INFO frame opens.

And more. Maybe it is out sysadmin restriction. Some files cause message (in russian)
"Access denied
Access to this file has been closed for security reasons.
For all inquiries please contact the system administrator (admin@rtr.spb.ru)"
instead of fileinfo. Other files in the same folder, but no-media type - works in usual manner. Strange. Maybe our sysadmin is very strict.

But once more, main function works fine, it's enough in most cases. Thank you.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Aye Vladimir,
thanks for the quick response. I think i can solve all of the mentioned problems (and they must be solved, otherwise i need to drop the feature - a crashing server is not at all acceptable).
Besides one: the access restriction; did you configure the credentials of the installed windows service? ..or try to stop the service and start server.exe manually, then it runs under your credentials.
And by the way, thanks for telling us a little more about you, looks like you fit in to here very well... lots of guys here work for the bigger broadcasters :D
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello emcodem,
i did not configured the credentials of the installed windows service, the user have administrator's privileges, i thought it's enough. WHen i start server.exe manually the situation doesn't change. I'll analze the troubles with our sysadmin, he is responsible, and likes automation too.

Unfortunately i had to work at home while total quarantine, remote managing is uncomfortable. It is ssslllooooow :(
But next week i'll return to work as broadcasting can't stop.
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello emcodem,
at last i managed configure the ffastrans farm. Webinterface works well, filesize limit wasn't detected for Info, it takes much time, i have to be patient.

Thank you once more.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey @Vladimir

Sorry, i have overseen your previous message, congrats that you got it running now :-)
If you download the latest 1.0.3 release and replace the server.exe, you should not face any more troubles with mediainfo anymore.

About the size question: actually there is no "default" size. I am developing on 1920 and 4k screens tough. The design should allow everything to work on lower resolution screens too, i try to use "percentage" numbers instead of fixed pixels wherever possible. Where do you have problems?

Thanks!
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Hello emcodem,
Sorry for long pause.
Now all works very well. Nothing to wish more, Thanks.