Deinterlace node - SD Content (Lower Field)

Here you can submit bugreports
philthewiz

Deinterlace node - SD Content (Lower Field)

Post by philthewiz »

Hi, again!

I'm trying to make a folder that would support multiple input formats to make them digestible for Avid MC.
We have a lot of video archives which are in HD and SD. SD formats usually are interlaced.
The output format would be DNxHR in progressive. Thanks to your new version, the resolution doesn't need to be specified. Same for frame rates.
Multiple frame rates are also expected as inputs. I want to make two outcomes, 23.98p and 29.97p.

My real question is, with the new Interlacing node and Deinterlace filter, is it possible to deinterlace SD content?
Is there an order in the workflow for the filter to work (see attachment)? The confidence level of the sources to be interlaced is above 90% and the interlacing mode is 2 as an integer (Lower Field).
Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thank you very much!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (51.39 KiB) Viewed 5123 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Deinterlace node - SD Content (Lower Field)

Post by admin »

Hi philthewiz,

Is this a bug report or a "how to"-question?

All FFAStans encoders has fairly good standard conversion methods so under normal circumstances a dedicated SD/Interlaced/FPS conversion/Scaling etc. workflow should not me necessary. However, you will be left with the inbuilt logic to handle everything. If you want full control, the "A/V Media" decoder and filter nodes is the way to go. However, the current version of the "Deinterlace" filter is very simple and only supports automatic detection based on metadata. This can not be overridden. The next version however will be more sophisticated and with the ability to use the outcome from the "Interlacing" analyzer.

-steinar
philthewiz

Re: Deinterlace node - SD Content (Lower Field)

Post by philthewiz »

Thank you for your response Steinar. Sorry if this post was misplaced in the forum. I wasn't sure if this was a normal behavior since I was able to deinterlace the SD sources using Davinci Resolve. I had also success with HD sources with FFASTrans in the past. Thank you again for all you accomplish. It helps us a lot!