Windows 2008 server - lots of problems

Here you can submit bugreports
veks

Windows 2008 server - lots of problems

Post by veks »

Hi all!

We've installed FFAStrans on Windows 2008 server with latest updates and these are the problems I've noticed that make working with FFAStrans impossible:
  • 1. Imported workflow from another PC via XML imported fine, but any node that I've tried to change any of the parameters didn't want to save.
    2. Creating new variable inside existing nodes wouldn't create it.
    3. Created new node, and tried to create new variable, it just wouldn't save it.
    4. Editing copied template from another PC via XML wouldn't also save, so only way was to duplicate it.
    5. Creating new node isn't saved anymore after saving.
Is this a known issue? Any solution to it?

Thanks!

EDIT 1: I've also tried:
1. Duplicating whole workflow - same problem, but I could create new nodes and save them, which would still exist after exiting and starting FFAStrans GUI. Which wasn't the case before.
But I still can't create new variable or exchange the old one, same with templates.
2. Creating a new workflow, creating nodes worked fine, and saving them.
Templates and variables didn't worked out!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 2008 server - lots of problems

Post by admin »

Hi veks,

No, I can't say that I've heard of these kind of problems with 2008 in particual. But this smells of trouble with full read/write access. Can you please confirm that you are able to create/delete/modify files with the user you're using to manage FFAStrans workflows?

-steinar
veks

Post by veks »

admin wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:56 pm Hi veks,

No, I can't say that I've heard of these kind of problems with 2008 in particual. But this smells of trouble with full read/write access. Can you please confirm that you are able to create/delete/modify files with the user you're using to manage FFAStrans workflows?

-steinar
Yeah, using that user to run the service, also I've tried logging with it and creating the folder, file, editing it and it works fine.
Modifying another user's files also works fine... So no idea what's wrong.
emcodem

Post by emcodem »

Hey veks,
Server 2008 is end of life in january, are you going to run this one for a longer time?
Anyway, where is your current ffastrans folder exactly (full path), and did you try to e.g. run it in a different folder that is not protected from UAC, e.g. c:\ffastrans\ffastrans.exe

cheers,!
emcodem, wrapping since 2009 you got the rhyme?